Easy Approaches to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6106, 1069
Company file errors are very common in QuickBooks and a major chunk of users have experienced them. QuickBooks error 6106 1069 is a company file error which indicates corrupted company file, or damage of the Network or Transaction Log files. Issues in the Database Server Manager can also be contributors to this error. To know about how to fix Error code 6106 1069, perform the fixes in this blog.
What leads to QuickBooks Error 6106 1069?
Different causes could result in this company file error. Some important ones include:
- Damage of the company file.
- Issue in the ND and TLG files
- The Company file folder may exceed file path limitation.
- Damage of the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Fixes for QuickBooks Error 6106 1069
Perform the following fixes to make sure this error does not come up the next time you open the company file or try to modify it.
Fix 1: Use of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
This tool has the potential to fix most of the company file errors and the network issues as well. The steps to use it are:
- The initial step is to Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, run it and go to Company File Issues tab.
- Here, click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Then, Browse for the file and choose the same file which is fraught with the issue
- Go with Check your file option
- Hit on Continue, and Next.
Fix 2: Set up updates for QuickBooks
The QuickBooks update process is:
- Run QuickBooks and in its window, go to the Help tab.
- Then, jump to Update QuickBooks Desktop option, and in its window, click on Update Now.
- Finally, kick start the update by clicking on Get Updates.
Fix 3: Get ND and TLG files renamed
At times, damage in the ND and TLG files could lead to Error 6106 1069. To get this issue fixed, proceed as below:
- Without opening QuickBooks, right-click on its Desktop icon and click on Properties, from where, go for Open File Location.
- In QuickBooks folder, opt for .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Perform a right-click on both individually and click on Rename.
- Add “.old” at the end of the file name.
Fix 4: Get the Company file backup
This fix can be performed when you are sure that the company file is damaged. It will replace the old file with a new one which was backed up in the past.
- Run QuickBooks, and head to File tab, here click on Open or Restore Company.
- And, choose Restore Company Backup.
- And then, hit on Browse and opt for the backup file to restore and also choose the location to save this backup.
- Get this file restored.
Fix 5: Move the Company file (facing error 6106) to Desktop
- Go to QuickBooks folder, and there, copy the same company file which is triggering the error.
- After that, make a new folder on your Desktop, and then paste the file in that folder.
- Now, try to open the file in QuickBooks from this location.
The present discussion revolved around the Error and the technical ways to fix QuickBooks Error 6106 1069. Having further issues? Feel free to call our QuickBooks experts at 1-800-761-1787. Our team will be happy to solve your issues.